Coronavirus Information - how we are keeping you safe
As a family run Cornish business, we care about the safety of our customers, staff and the communities that we operate in.
We will aim to keep this page updated with information regarding our business and how we are adapting to keep our shops and services safe, but accessible, to everybody.
Our stores reopened on 12th April, in line with the most recent government guidance. We are taking additional measures in store to look after both our staff and customers.
- In line with current guidelines, you are required to wear a face covering in store unless you are medically exempt.
- We also ask that you use the hand sanitiser stations provided and observe social distancing in store.
- We may be limiting the numbers of customers in store at any one time, so we do ask you to bear with us during busy periods.
- We are cleaning and sanitising surfaces more frequently.
- Our staff are all equipped with face coverings and we have screens at our tills for further protection.
For a full risk assessment for our in-store environments, please click here
We want you to be able to shop with confidence; so if you feel that we have missed anything or could be doing anything better, please do not hesitate to contact us
and we will look into all requests within reason.
Deliveries, Service & In-Home Work
All of our services have returned and we are now running a full service as follows;
- FREE Next day Delivery – ongoing service on ALL products regardless of price, with products dropped to a room of the customer’s choice providing access is straightforward.
- Installation Service – full installation service available on ALL applicable products. Standard installation terms apply – excludes gas.
- Service Repair Team – full service department both in the workshop and on the road
- Aerial & Satellite Service – full service
We appreciate some of these services are higher risk given the fact that we need to enter customers properties so we are taking the following measures to minimise the risks as much as we are able to.
ALL In-Home Work
- On booking jobs our staff will ask a series of questions to ensure customers properties are low risk
- Our engineers reserve the right to refuse in home jobs if they do not feel safe and requests for social distancing are not being followed
FREE Delivery Service
- PPE for staff with face masks and visors/goggles to be worn at all times
- Gloves will continue to be carried on each van but are optional for the engineer or if any customer specifically requests that they be worn.
- Non-Contact Paperwork with proxy signing of delivery notes
Installations, Repairs and In-Home Work
- Disinfectant wipes will be used before and after our work on the areas we have and will come into contact with
- Variety of safe working protocols to minimise interactions between our staff
For a full risk assessment for our in home services please click here
We want YOU to be able to shop with confidence so if you feel that we have missed anything or could be doing anything better please do not hesitate to contact us and we will look into all requests where within reason.
Warehousing & Administration
As non-customer facing roles both our warehousing and administration offices are relatively low risk, however, we have still looked to improve our systems and processes to further minimise the risks and ensure we can do as much as we can to reduce the risks to our staff and communities.
- Social distancing actively encouraged and changing of work patterns to ensure we can maintain this wherever possible
- Improved Cleaning and Sanitisation protocols with PPE and equipment readily available to all staff
- Reduce incoming deliveries and suppliers where possible and rely on stock on hand to reduce the amount of vehicles coming to the South West
For a full risk assessment for our Warehousing, please click here
- Social distancing measures are in place throughout our offices and we’ve adjusted desks and working patterns to accommodate and reduce the need for shared equipment
- PPE and Cleaning equipment increased and improved protocols throughout
For a full risk assessment for our Administration, please click here